Work in Progress

Baseball, Seminary, Wrestling, and the Dreams and Days of one Mike Work's Angeles experience

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Week has gone well, courses are improving, I am challenged.
The more I get to know them, the more I enjoy and appreciate the people here, both students and professors.
A weight is off my shoulders, and I am relieved.
Looking back at DCF, I am blown away; Liz, Evan, Dixon, people I knew and follow from afar are blossoming.
Thanksgiving; a chance to go home...eat dinner and spend four days with my family, our first in a decade.
AAR/SBL conference, and the chance to attend, network, dine, learn.
Christmas, Clemson, Atlanta, Chicago.
My first paper and I got to write a snippet of a dissertation joy...and realizing that the material exists, and with it, kindred spirits.
And seeing what I can take next quarter, and in the spring.

As much as I gripe, i am blessed.
- Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home