Work in Progress

Baseball, Seminary, Wrestling, and the Dreams and Days of one Mike Work's Angeles experience

Monday, May 01, 2006

Tell me I did not just see that...

I don't really like Kobe Bryant at all. The guy's a tremendous athlete, no question, and I'll give him credit for his game, but beyond that...

Now my roommate Oscar, yeah, he's gone over to the dark side. Today's comeback induced shouts of jubilation from him, and a series of 'No!'s from me as he celebrated team Bryant's comeback victory over the Suns. I could only watch the end of regulation before checking out, but popped by later in the pm and only had to check his face to know what happened. Lakers in OT. Great.

Joe C said it best, "From now on, I'm rooting for the Lakers to win, just so the Clips can crush them in the semis."

Lacking faith in Phoenix without Amare (even though i dig Nash's game), I'm down with that.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Kyle said…

    That was a good game. Not a big fan of the Lakers, not a big fan of the Suns. I like watching them though. Good series.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Scott J. Pearson said…

    Three facts:
    1. Kobe is not MJ. Without Shaq, he can't win championships. When he does, he can claim his airness's title.
    2. Kobe has mad skills still.
    3. The Lakers will lose to the Clippers, and justice will be served in basketball-land.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home